LinkedIn is an amazing place for professionals to find their dream job and be set for the next career jump. However, you might want to delete your LinkedIn account because you decided to pause your career and no longer need to extend your social network.
In this article, you’ll find:
- tips on how to delete LinkedIn account;
- how to restart your account;
- the difference between deleting and deactivating.
Feel confused? Get quick help from our specialists on LinkedIn profile writing services and springboard your career with us!
How to Delete LinkedIn Account Permanently
The guide on how to delete your LinkedIn account is short. All because the creators of LinkedIn have done everything to make their product easy to navigate. The thing to remember is when deleting your account completely, you lose all contacts and other profile-related data like pictures and files as well.
After you sign in to your account, tap the ‘Settings and Privacy’ section in your profile and choose the ‘Account Preferences.’ Find the ‘Close Account’ part and click on the ‘Change’ button. Next, choose the reason for deleting the account and complete the verification process.
Reasons to Not to Ask How to Delete a LinkedIn Account
Still thinking, ‘should I delete my LinkedIn account or keep it?’ Well, the statistics say more than 120 million job seekers nailed a job opportunity there. First of all, you get all the updates and job-related information 24/7 on LinkedIn. Secondly, the employers might reach for you by themselves. Hence, there’s no need to refresh those old-fashioned job-hunting sites.
The third reason for keeping your account is its credibility. Adding a LinkedIn link to your profile showcases you as a professional worthy of one’s trust. The last reason is that you keep expanding your network by running your account.
How to Delete LinkedIn Account From Computer
Which steps should you take to delete your account from the browser?
- Open the LinkedIn site on your computer and click the ‘Log In’ button.
- After you open your account, go to the ‘Settings’ section.
- Don’t forget to cancel your Premium Plan and make it Basic.
- In the ‘Settings’ section, choose ‘Account Preferences’ and later ‘Account Management.’
- In the ‘Close Account’ section, click the ‘Change’ button and choose the reason for closing the account.
- Click ‘Next.’
Congrats! Now you know how to delete LinkedIn profile from your computer.
How to Delete LinkedIn Account from the App
Did you use a LinkedIn app and now are wondering how to delete Linked In account from the app?
Deleting the LinkedIn account from the app is similar to deleting it from the browser. Yet, there is no need to contact professionals because the process is quick and easy. Before you delete the account, we encourage you to store all files as there is no data backup.
- Open the LinkedIn app on your phone and go to the ‘Settings’ section.
- Go to your ‘Settings’ and later the ‘Account Preferences’ section.
- Choose ‘Close Account’ and complete the verification process.
Your Data After Canceling a LinkedIn Account
How do you delete a LinkedIn account without losing your data? Well, you make a data backup before you do it. After you leave the LinkedIn community, your profile will remain visible for 24 hours. However, under legal obligations, the company will delete all your data during the next 30 days from the moment you’ve closed your account.
Want some free resume tips on how to write my resume and cover letter?
Get a free 20-minute consultation with one of our expert professional resume writers!Get the consultation
How to Deactivate LinkedIn Premium
So, the ‘how to delete LinkedIn premium’ question has popped up in your mind. Does the process of deleting a Premium Account differ from the common process of deleting a LinkedIn account? Well, before you remove all the data from your Premium account, switch to the basic plan.
- Check the ‘Me’ icon and choose ‘Access My Premium’ from the Menu.
- Go to the ‘Manage Premium’ option and later ‘Premium Subscription Settings.’
- Choose ‘Manage Subscription’ under the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option.
Now you know how to quit LinkedIn premium without making the Premium option a limit to your account abilities.
How to Restart a LinkedIn Account
Sure, your recent ‘LinkedIn account delete’ session was successful if you followed our advice in the sections above. But if you decide to change your career trajectory, you might need quick profile reactivation. How to restart your LinkedIn account?
- Remember the main rule. You can restart your account only during the first 14 days after you’ve deleted it.
- The easiest way is to login into your old LinkedIn account. In most cases, the account will automatically open.
- Find the ‘Reactivate’ tab and click the button.
- Confirm the reactivation email the company will send you.
Difference Between Deactivating and Deleting
How to deactivate LinkedIn account temporarily? Check the section below. Before you do that, learn the core difference between the process of deactivating and deleting.
Imagine you no longer need new social network opportunities yet decide to quit the job search. Can you delete your LinkedIn account for a week? Nope. But you can deactivate it for sure.
Deletes all the account data
Keeps the data untouched
Your profile becomes invisible in the next 24 hours
Makes your profile invisible to non-registered LinkedIn users
Completely removes you from the LinkedIn community
You may remain a part of the LinkedIn community
How to Deactivate Your LinkedIn Account
The best thing about the deactivation is that your visibility in the industry will be low with all the data intact. There is no need to downgrade your account, so stop searching for ‘how to deactivate LinkedIn premium.’ Leave the profile as it is!
- Select the ‘Me’ icon and go to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ section.
- Choose ‘Edit your public profile’ tab and click the ‘Off’ button near ‘Your profile visibility’ icon.
Congrats! You’ve deactivated your LinkedIn account!
We hope the article was helpful and fully answered your ‘how do you delete your LinkedIn account’ question. You don’t need to be a tech guru to master the basics of deleting or deactivating your LinkedIn account.
Everything depends on your professional goals:
- to lower your account’s visibility and leave the data intact, use the ‘deactivate’ option;
- to fully leave the LinkedIn community, choose the ‘delete’ option;
- don’t forget to downgrade your account before you completely erase it.
Still confused about LinkedIn account options? If your goal is to land more job interviews, our professionals are here to help. Contact our best online resume writing services and let our specialists build a LinkedIn account that can win you a dream job!